These Gooey S’mores Cake Bars are beyond delicious! A graham cracker infused cake crust with layers of chocolate, marshmallow creme and mini marshmallows and then topped with more of the graham cracker cake crust… you’ll never look at a S’more the same way again.
My husband has this crazy work schedule where he works for 5 weeks (6 days a week/12 hours a day), then he gets a week off.
I love him and all, but holy heck, the dude can easily drive me crazy.
Having him home throws my whole routine off. Usually on his week off we’ll go out of town, but when we stay home and just “hang out,” I feel like I’ve gained a 5th child.
I’m just going to throw this out there… I don’t think husbands should be allowed more than a long weekend off of work. Ok, ok, I know the dude works hard and, yeah, he maaaay deserve a good, long week to recover from his busy work schedule.
BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS…
Leave me be!!
I want to kick him out of the house to go fishing, or go ride the ATV, or to go mow the lawn.
For him to have fun. obviously…
I probably sound like the worst wife ever, but at least by the end of the day I give him treats like these Gooey S’mores Cake Bars (which he really really liked).
These cake bars are so easy to make, and are the perfect way to get to enjoy S’mores year round! Plus they’re a great bar to bring to any potluck! Everyone will devour this gooey treat!
So here’s what we’ve covered today:
Husband’s home from work -No.
Gooey S’mores Cake Bars – Yes.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (just the mix)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Challenge Butter , melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13" cake pan with parchment paper for easy cutting later on, or just lightly spray with cooking spray and then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, egg, butter and graham cracker crumbs. Use a sturdy wooden spoon to mix until combined. The mixture will be slightly crumbly, but stick together when squeezed. Reserve 2 cups and pour the remaining graham cracker mixture into the cake pan and press down into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crust in an even layer and press lightly into the crust.
- Drop the marshmallow creme by the tablespoonful onto the chocolate chips and then wet the back of a tableware spoon with water and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the mini marshmallows, and then top with the remaining graham cracker mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, (optional - turn on the top broiler for just 1 to 2 minutes at the end to lightly brown the marshmallows). Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I’m proud to be a Challenge Butter Ambassador. I was compensated for this post by Challenge Butter, and as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Wash You Dry.
More S’mores fun: