Spicy, cool and definitely mouthwatering; this Jalapeño Ranch Chicken Sandwich has it all!
This summer is shaping up to be an exhausting one.
My kids are getting older and all they want to do is play video games and watch Netflix all day. I’m forcing them to go outside and play, encouraging them to work, and I’m even going to sign them up for some summer camps (hello, my name is taxi driver… how may I help you?)
We can recycle bottles and cans in our town for a decent refund, so my kids are now going door to door asking for bottles and cans to recycle. They’ve done so well that they wanted to invest in their business and buy a wagon to carry their bottles. I found a used one for sale, and because I wanted to get my kids out and active (and also because I’m trying to reach 10K steps per day), I decided we would walk there. It didn’t look too far away on the map…
2 miles later…
My two year old pretty much quit after 100 feet, so I was left to carry her. All I kept thinking was, we’ll get that wagon and then she can sit in it on the way home!
Luckily before all 4 of my kids had a mental breakdown, we made it! The kids bought their wagon and then proceeded to fight over who got to pull it home… such is life.
When we got home I whipped up these killer grilled chicken sandwiches and everyone forgot about fighting over the wagon.
For like 10 minutes.
These sandwiches are a super quick and easy recipe that is perfect for summer entertaining! That jalapeño ranch really makes it something special. My husband suggests putting it on the top and bottom bun.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 4 cheddar cheese slices
- Pickled jalapeños
- Purple Onion, optional
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños, drained and diced
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Prepare the jalapeño ranch dressing and set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil. Grill until fully cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Just before removing from the grill place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Spread the jalapeño ranch on the bottom bun, followed by lettuce, tomato, onion (if desired), then place the chicken on top, followed by extra jalapeño slices, then the top bun. Enjoy!