You’re going to fall head over heels in love with these quick and easy Shrimp Taco Bites! They’re super addictive and the perfect finger food appetizer for any gathering! Like say… for Super Bowl Sunday??
I originally planned on making these bold little bites in a baked wonton wrapper, but after I made the wonton wrapper and tasted it… uhh… let’s just say I quickly grabbed a bag of tortilla chips nearby (because I always have tortilla chips nearby) and dumped the filling onto the crunchy chip.
The combination of the creamy avocado, smoky sour cream and the zippy chili-lime shrimps on top of that crunchy little chip is like a party in your mouth.
You’re going to have a difficult time keeping your hands off of these fun little Shrimp Taco Bites. I kept popping one in my mouth every time I walked past the tray of them.
The avocado is drizzled with fresh lime juice and a dash of salt, which hello, I could eat that all. day. long. Then the sour cream is infused with smoky chipotle chilies in adobo sauce. It gives the sour cream some heat and depth all at the same time.
The shrimp is super easy to make since I just baked them in the oven. It allows you to make a whole batch of them quickly and efficiently without ever turning on the stove and worrying about burning the delicate seafood.
You’re for sure going to love these, I just know it!
- 24 large raw shrimps, peels and tails removed
- non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp grated lime zest, + juice 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 large California Avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 24 tortilla chip scoops
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray, set aside.
- Combine ½ tsp salt, lime zest, and chili powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over the raw shrimp. Lay the shrimp on the cookie sheet and spritz with the non stick cooking spray or olive oil spray. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the shrimps turn pink and curl in on themselves.
- Meanwhile combine the diced avocado, lime juice and remaining ½ tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Combine the sour cream and minced chipotle pepper in a different small bowl.
- Assemble your shrimp taco bites by placing a tsp of avocado mixture in a tortilla chip, followed by a ½ tsp of sour cream mixture, then top with a chili-lime shrimp.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Here’s a quick video to show you how these are put together!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more great recipe videos like this!