If you’ve got a stash of candy canes lying around (or will in the near future), then you need to make this Candy Cane Crunch Milkshake! It’s creamy, refreshing, and has a little crunch in it from the candy canes.
I even threw in a little chocolate for good measure. 😉
I got this great idea from Dairy Queen. They have a blizzard there during the holidays that is called Candy Cane Chill. It has bits of candy canes and chocolate swirled together with creamy vanilla ice cream. I’m a bit obsessed with it… naturally. I wanted to recreate it but in the most simplest form possible because I didn’t want to have to make my own ice cream.
I grabbed some vanilla ice cream, a little milk, and a big scoop of cool whip. The cool whip gives it that thick milkshake texture that is unbelievable good. I whirled it all around with a few candy canes and some chocolate chips.
The candy canes turn the milkshake a beautiful shade of light pink and give it loads of refreshing peppermint flavor.
Go snag some candy canes and make this shake!
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed or frozen
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 regular sized candy canes, unwrapped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 20 seconds or until milkshake consistency.
- Pour into two cups.
- Top with additional cool whip and crushed candy canes for garnish (optional).