There’s nothing quite like the delicious combination of graham crackers, roasted marshmallows and chocolate.
Ah, yes… the S’more.
It’s one treat that is tweaked and twisted into all sorts of equally delicious treats.
Doughnuts + S’mores = S’mores Doughnuts
Popcorn + S’mores = S’mores Popcorn
Sucker sticks + S’mores = S’mores Pops
Crescent Rolls + S’mores = Flaky S’mores Pizza Triangles… naturally…
I got the idea for these Flaky S’mores Pizza Triangles after drooling over these Cake Batter Crumb Crispies from the talented Nikki of Chef in Training.
I’ve used crescent rolls to make a Hidden S’mores treat long ago, but it needed a new fresh spin, and this is exactly what I had in mind.
I made a golden buttery crumb topping with crushed graham crackers, then sprinkled it over some canned crescent rolls. I topped that with some mini marshmallows and baked it until the crescents were a flaky, golden brown and the marshmallows were nice and toasted.
Then I drizzled some melted chocolate over the top.
I cut the larger triangles into smaller triangles…
Aren’t they too cute?!
The graham cracker crumb topping is simply magical. Imagine a coffee crumb topping, infused with buttery graham crackers.
The crescents become crisp with several flaky layers. When joined with the buttery topping, perfectly roasted marshmallows, and sweet chocolate drizzle, it just melts in your mouth.
These didn’t last long in our house.
Don’t you just love a s’more?!
- 1 tube (8 count) of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tbsp COLD butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup finely crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out crescent rolls (so they are flat) on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a bowl combine the COLD butter with the sugar, flour, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and salt. Use a fork to blend, creating a coarse crumb. Sprinkle on top of the crescent rolls. Top with some mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, till the crescents and marshmallows are golden brown.
- Meanwhile place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish and heat at 50% power for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Once the crescents have cooled slightly, drizzle the chocolate over top. Cut into smaller triangles if desired. Enjoy!