It’s time for another 15 minute dinner recipe.
That’s right! A full, delicious meal, done and ready to eat in 15 minutes! Let’s do this!!
Chili Lime Broiled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Cucumber Salad…
It’s hot outside. I know this. You know this.
So while this meal requires the use of your oven’s broiler, it’s only 13 minutes, and then you can shut ‘er down. The bold and zippy flavor of the crispy skinned chicken thighs pair PERFECTLY with the cool, crisp and refreshing pineapple cucumber salad.
It’s hot and cold. It’s savory and sweet. It’s completely delicious I tell you!
The rub that is used for the chicken thighs is simple. Lime zest, chili powder and salt.
Rub the chicken breasts with the flavorful spice mixture directly on the baking sheet. Less dishes (I’m on your side).
Toss them in the oven, give them just one turn and that’s it!
Beautifully crisp on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside.
I’m in love with the simplicity of this chicken.
When it’s paired with the pineapple cucumber salad, it’s unstoppable.
Get this on your menu, you’ll love every last bite of it.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups chopped pineapple
- 3 cups chopped english cucumber
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven to broil, set the highest rack about 4 inches from the top broiler.
- On a large, shallow rimmed, baking sheet mix together the chili powder, 2 tsp of salt, and the lime zest.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the mixture and arrange skin side down. Broil for 5 minutes, then turn and broil for 8 minutes, or until the skin has crisped and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine the pineapple, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve alongside the chicken thighs.