It’s time for the California Avocado Cinco de Mayo Recipe Fiesta! That means that Rachel of A Southern Fairytale, the people of the California Avocado Commission and I want to see your favorite recipes using California avocados. Last week Rachel shared some delicious Spicy Pulled Pork Taquitos with a Cool Avocado Cream Dipping Sauce and I whipped up a those yummy Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Party Rolls with an Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip.
So what are you going to bring to the party?? Guacamole with a kick? Sandwiches with flair? Salads that pop? It’s all fair game, as long as that creamy, green fruit is a part of it! On top of a fun link-up party, there are some pretty awesome prizes available.
How do you join the fiesta? Here are the details:
1. Get busy in the kitchen with California Avocados and create a Cinco de Mayo-ish recipe, then post it on your blog. You can enter up to 3 recipes, including ones that have previously been posted (as long as it has the information from #3 in it).
If you don’t have a blog, don’t worry! You can leave your recipe in the comments section for a chance to win as well.
2. During the two weeks of the Link-Up Fiesta (April 24th – May 8th) come back to either I Wash You Dry or Southern Fairytale to submit your link in the widget towards the bottom of this post. (Since Rachel and I will both be picking separate winners from each of our linky parties, make sure to enter your recipe on both sites for double the chance to win!!)
Please leave a comment to let me know you linked up.
3. Somewhere in your post, please include the following, “Join I Wash… You Dry and Southern Fairytale for the California Avocado Cinco de Mayo Recipe Fiesta, sponsored by the California Avocado Commission.”
In your recipe ingredients list, you must include “California avocado(s)” as one of the ingredients.
That’s right, I said giveaway!!
Our friends at the California Avocado Commission are giving party participants the chance to win over $1600 in giveaway items!
The grand prize on each of our blogs will include one $500 USD American Express gift card and a California Avocado basket valued at $75 USD.
The second prize on each of our blogs will include one $250 USD American Express gift card.
Now, that’s a FIESTA, right?
4. Do you want to help us spread the word on social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram? Here are a couple of ways to do so:
Tweet about your avocado recipes, using the hashtag #CaAvoCincoFiesta. Encourage others to share their recipes, using the sample tweet seen below.
Instagram: Add photos of your avocado recipes to your Instagram account, using the hashtag #CaAvoCincoFiesta.
5. OPTIONAL: If you’ve already linked up a recipe and would like to earn additional entries, leave separate comments for each of the steps listed below. If you already follow the California Avocado Commission, just let me know that in your comments.
Sample tweet: “Join @iwashyoudry and @sthrnfairytale for #CaAvoCincoFiesta! Share your @Ca_Avocados recipes. $1600 in prizes. Plz RT! http://tinyurl.com/b3pe2ox”
The giveaway is open only to U.S. residents but, if you live elsewhere, please still feel free to share your avocado recipes.
The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
disclosure: this post and the giveaway/contest is sponsored by the good people at the California Avocado Commission.