Spring is brunch weather.
And brunch it totally awesome. It’s the perfect excuse to sleep in just a little bit longer, and eat breakfast-like foods with loads of friends and family. Plus there’s always a quiche.
If you haven’t figured out what to make this Easter Sunday, then you should definitely consider this Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quiche.
Asparagus is in abundance right now, so what better way to eat the beautiful green vegetable, than in a fluffy and delicate quiche?
I paired the asparagus with some rich goat cheese, and brightened it up with a little lemon zest.
This quiche totally screams Spring.
I love the combination of eggs, goat cheese, asparagus, and lemon in a flakey pie crust.
I add a little sour cream and hot sauce to the top of mine, but that’s totally optional.
If you’re not a goat cheese fan, try switching it up with some gruyere or swiss. Either way, it’s sure to be a special treat on your brunch table.
Don’t stress if you’ve never made a quiche before, it’s actually not hard at all. In fact, this Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quiche is so easy, you’ll be creating your own quiche variations in no time!
- 1 (9in.) Pie Crust - unbaked (You can use the pre made version, or make your own)
- 10 spears of Asparagus
- ½ onion - diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a 9 in. pie pan with the dough, then carefully cover the pie dough with tin foil and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break off the woody ends of the asparagus and throw them away. Cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, saute the onion and asparagus in the butter until onion is translucent.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, goat cheese, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Stir in the asparagus mixture.
- Reduce the heat on the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the tinfoil from the pie crust and pour the egg mixture into the shell. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the center has risen and is slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing into it. Enjoy!