Can you believe there is less than one week till Christmas?!
Where has the time gone guys?!
I had such a fabulous time in California with my family at Disneyland, and thank you very much to all those who wished us well and to those lovely ladies who guest posted right here in my absence. I feel so loved.
If you’re a fan of eggnog, or cake, or salted caramel, then you’re going to simply flip over this lovely Eggnog Poke Cake.
Remember that Peppermint Poke Cake I showed you not too long ago?
Yeah, I have pretty much become obsessed with poke cakes.
It’s beneficial for both of us… yes?
There is just something about Eggnog that makes the holidays that much merrier.
I can’t drink too much of it because it’s so rich, but using eggnog in place of milk for some white chocolate pudding mix completely changes everything. It’s an exquisite dessert by itself, but infused into a warm French Vanilla Cake, then topped with Salted Caramel and whip cream, and it’s practically mind blowing.
I wasn’t going to do the Salted Caramel but my son changed my mind.
I would say, “I am going to make an Eggnog Poke Cake tonight guys!”
Then my son would quickly reply, “With Salted Caramel.”
It wasn’t a question, more of just a statement. Like I forgot to add it to the end of my sentence. After this happened three times I figured the boy was right. It needed some Salted Caramel. So it was done.
Boy was he spot on.
Maybe I should run things by my 5 year old more often…
This cake is ultra moist, and full of that rich eggnog flavor that makes long lines at the store, and 3 feet of snow seem bearable.
I see a lot of snow in my future.
And a lot of cake.
Eggnog is a great way to get your daily dose of Milk, and lucky for you Shamrock Farms and Arizona Milk Producers have a beautiful gift basket full of kitchen goodies and $50 in free Shamrock Product coupons!
Shamrock Farms is one of the largest family-owned dairies in the US, it’s products are available Nationwide, and it just so happens to be located right here in Arizona. They are the ones with that adorable cow, Roxie, on the front!
They not only have regular milks, but tons of flavored milks, creams, sour cream, cottage cheese, and of course… eggnog!
photo credit: AZ Milk Producers
In this beautiful Christmas Gift Basket is: $50 in Free Shamrock Product coupons, Holstein Print Apron, Holstein Print hot mitts, The Cookie Book, Spatula, Measuring cup, Mini Cow cookie jar, Stir stick, Jar opener, Cow kitchen timer, Travel coffee mug, Cold beverage travel cup, Wooden cheese cutting board, and a Cheese slicer.
Can you say Merry Christmas!?!
photo credit: AZ Milk Producers
One lucky I Wash…You Dry reader will get this lovely basket for Christmas!
Good luck! Giveaway Closed.
- 1 box cake mix in French Vanilla (yellow cake mix will work too)
- * ingredients needed to make box cake (eggs, water, oil)
- 1 box Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Eggnog
- 1 cup Salted Caramel Sauce (recipe below)
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9x13 inch pan. Once the cake is done baking remove from oven and use the handle end of wooden spoon to poke holes all over the warm cake.
- In a bowl combine the pudding mix and the eggnog with a whisk and beat for 1 minute. Pour the pudding mixture over the warm cake and use a rubber spatula to smooth it over the holes.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature and then pour the room temperature Salted Caramel Sauce over the top and spread evenly.
- Top with the Cool Whip and dust with the cinnamon.
- Stores in the refrigerator covered for up to 1 week.
disclaimer: this post is in partnership with AZ Milk Producers. All thoughts and opinions here are my own.