That’s a big statement.
The “perfect” pumpkin pie.
But this is it.
It’s a combination of dense and fluffy all at the same time. It just melts in your mouth. The spices are a perfect match to the pumpkin. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream, and it’s the symbol of Thanksgiving.
Your mother-in-law will be jealous she didn’t think to make it first.
Here is the line up of ingredients needed:
Don’t forget to make the perfect crust too!
Put all the ingredients except the eggs into a bowl and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time and beat an additional 3 minutes so the mix is light and fluffy looking.
Pour into your pie crust..
Place the pie onto a baking sheet just in case you have a spill over.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for another 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
Once it’s cooled, make a batch of whipped cream, and dig in!
Seriously, it is the best pumpkin pie you’ll ever taste.
I tasted about half of the pie, and I am pretty sure anyone else you was able to snag a bite would agree.
- 1- (9in) unbaked pie crust
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your pie crust, roll it out and put it in a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the eggs. Once blended together add eggs one at a time. Beat for an additional 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.