This is my first time to experience an actual winter.
Usually by this time in Arizona I am basking in the warm 80 degree weather, sporting some sandals and rockin’ the short sleeves.
But here in Colorado, I’m still wearing scarfs, boots, and scraping ice off my windows.
So a nice hot bowl of chili sounds like the perfect dinner to warm up my day.
Who needs spoons when you have some Frito’s Scoops?
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper; seeded and chopped
- ½ onion; diced
- 1- 14oz. can pinto beans
- 1- 14oz. can kidney beans
- 1- 14oz. can black beans
- 1- 10oz can tomato puree
- 1- 10oz can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (chili fixin’s)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp each of:
- -garlic powder
- -onion powder
- -red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Brown ground beef till no longer pink, drain, and add to crock pot. To the crock pot add the bell pepper, onion, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, and all the beans. (drain about 85% of the liquid from the beans before adding to the slow cooker.) Add all the spices, and give it a good stir. If you like it more spicy add a tbsp of your favorite hot sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.